There are several recurring features at the show, including:
· Official opening March 8, 12 noon, with directors and guests piped in, raising of the National Flag, and singing of O Canada.
· Annual Seed Award winners shown in the Seed Growers Court of Honour, Booth 1231, with a reception at 12 noon March 9.
· The annual Pedigreed Seed Sale March 10 at 12 noon. Over 21 years, $120,000 has been collected for the Children’s Hospital of
· A variety of food concessions, including Fat Les’ Chip Truck outside the centre.
· Antiques, 4-H projects and quilts on display at the front of the centre.
For more information: Tom Van Dusen, show manager, 613-445-3407.
Sponsored by the Ottawa Valley Seed Growers, the 89th edition of the Ottawa
Valley Farm Show will be held at the EY Centre beside the Ottawa International
Airport, March 8, 9, 10. The show opens every day at 9 a.m.; it closes Tuesday at 5
p.m., Wednesday at 8 p.m., and Thursday at 4 p.m.
Some 350 exhibitors occupy all available space inside the EY Centre. Of particular
interest to farm families and other rural residents, the show displays everything
from machinery, seed, and equipment, to agricultural associations and financial
services. We also feature several pieces of machinery outside.
It’s the largest agricultural trade show in Ontario east of Toronto, an easy one-day
return trip from much of Eastern Ontario, West Quebec and Northern New York
State. Every year, we attract 10,000-12,000 visitors. Children, the farmers of the
future, are always welcome.
Kids Under 12
Free with Parents